Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Monday!

I am feeling musical today, so here are ten songs I am loving right now. These are singing from the gut, dancing in your car like no one can see you, but they very much can and laugh very much at you, but it's ok because you just made them smile so it is worth it. My favorite is that you can sing real loud in your car and no one can hear you (well at least I hope they can't hear me).

1. "Lend me your eyes I can change what you see, but your soul you must keep totally free..."
(Are you kidding me!)
Awake My Soul
Mumford and Sons

2. "And I will hold on hope, and I won't let you choke...I'll find strength in pain and I will change my ways, I'll know my name as it's called again."
The Cave
Mumford and Sons

3. "People say that your dreams are the only things that save ya. Come on baby in our dreams, we can live on misbehavior."
Rebellion
Arcade Fire

4. "I'll dig a tunnel from my window to yours... you climb out the chimney and meet me in the middle, the middle of the town."
Neighborhood #1
Arcade Fire

5. "Songs of desperation, I played them for you, a moment, a love, a dream, a laugh, a dream, a laugh, a kiss, a cry, our rights our wrongs."
Sweet Disposition
The Temper Trap

6. "Love it will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free..."
Sigh No More
Mumford and Sons

7. "Sweet carob rice cake, she don't care how the sweets taste, fake Philly cheese steak, but you use real toothpaste, cause if that Tom's don't work, it just makes you worse, would you lose all of your faith in the Good Earth...Baby please don't lose your faith in the Good Earth!"
California English
Vampire Weekend
(Best moment ever when they played this at their Soma show)

8. "You thought you could find happiness, just over that green hill, you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will, learn to be still."
Learn to be Still
The Eagles

9. "Rock me on the water, I'll get down to the sea somehow."
Rock Me on the Water
Jackson Browne

10. "Moats and boats and waterfalls, alley ways and pay phone calls, I've been everywhere with you. We laugh until we think we'll die, barefoot on a summer night, nothin' new is sweeter than with you."
Home
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros



So enjoy your Monday, dance in your car and sing real loud, 
it will make the day better I promise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment